Monday, March 9, 2015

Treinta y siete

I slept in and loved it!
Steak and eggs, queso (cheese), pan (bread), and a sweet fried bread ball (bruñuelo) made if corn flour.  Café con leche and jugo de lulo y mango (lulo and mango smoothie). I managed to get the normally challenging wifi to allow me to pick my seats and secure my boarding passes. Bueno!
Returned my favorite lamp to room 3 downstairs. (The management lets me exchange it for the one upstairs where I stay). 
One last gaze at the pools. Ahhhhh. 
The beautiful walk to the waiting bus where I say my goodbyes and hope to come back again next year. 
Rolling through the parque (town square) with the Iglesia (church) reflecting off the glass of our bus. 
The weigh in.  23 Kg each for the big bags (51 lbs), whew! Made it. Brian and I sailed through and had no extra fees. We went ahead and grabbed some food while Ali did her thing. 
Italianisimo for me turkey (pechuga de pavo) for Brian. Ear fresh!
Finally at the gate. Ali (Alicia) rejoined us and we took over a charging station together. Ali helped me correct a few blog typos and fill in some blanks on previous posts.  Aprendo mucho mas ahora, gracias a Ali. 
Its a wrap. Lots of memories, photos and GBs of data from GoPro footage. Marge sure did a great job of capturing the fun on her camera. I'm sure we'll see more from her at the next club meeting. 

We lost a dear friend and experienced pilot back home due to a tragic flying accident that occurred while we were away. I haven't mentioned it until now, because I needed to stay focussed and composed. It has made me very emotional lately. This trip is dedicated to him and his family, and the flying community who knew him. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment