Monday, February 8, 2016

Day 2 Tour 1

Clear with expected cumulus. 

The disco went on all night at the hotel. Opting not to wear earplugs may have been a bad call. I was in charge of roll call and didn't want to be late to breakfast this am. Fearing that I would sleep in, I instead managed to wake many times throughout the night and even dreamed of being late to some unrelated dream event. Sheeesh. 

Somewhat tired, I made it on time and everyone was accounted for at breakfast. My "late arrival" (Tyler) was at the breakfast table ready to fly with me tandem.  We left on time, arriving just as the day turned on, perfect. 
 
Rob took a local as he had no student scheduled. He was very excited. Xavier translated so they could launch, fly and land uneventfully. They had a great flight. 
The drive up was sunny with clouds moving in from the south. A great day ahead, it appeared to me. 
The groups all seemed to come together and flew well today. The air was turbulent with the strong thermals at times. We all flew around at cloudbase and really had fun. Everyone has much to say upon landing. 
Spencer was the last to land in our group. I was happy for everyone as they all had great flights of 2 hours or so. 
We hiked to the road and Flacko picked us up in minutes. We drive to Cipriano where we all transferred (+ gear) to his yellow bus and headed to town for chicken and juice, picking up another pilot on the way. 
Tyler showing off his greasy chicken fingers and juice technique. Skyler enjoying lunch too. 
Christian has a great time and it shows. 
John has adopted my favorite juice combo: mango y piña (pineapple). Mmm. 
 
I grabbed a few supplies from town and got back on the bus to the hotel, with plenty of time to cool off and relax before my presentation at 5:30. 
It is so nice here. So warm, sunny and the humidity is really not too bad. Flying near the clouds is so scenic and refreshingly cool too. Ahhhh. 

Hasta pronto,
Martín

No comments:

Post a Comment