Thursday, February 18, 2016

Day 4 Tour 2

The day looked like it had overdevelopment potential, as large cumulus appeared early and again later on launch. 
It was good launching conditions but the clouds were varied and unique today.
Flackos car got us up but as usual needed some minor repairs. No problem.
We gaggled quite well and I had a helicopter fly over me as I crossed the valley with several of my guys straggling behind me.
The clouds eventully came together but not in typical fashion. Nonetheless many had long and satisfying flights.
Dark and forboding clouds kept us paying close attention

I had 3 with me who wanted to continue and we kept going late into the afternoon as ominous clouds pulsed and grew, darkening the sky at times. 
In the end we flew nearly 50 miles in about 5 hours and most of us landed just past Tulúa shown here.  We got over 10,000 feet too, nearly 2000' higher than normal for a great day. Wow.
Scott landed just before Tulúa  a little earlier.  Austin, Jason and I were stoked to get packed up  before gust fronts and strong rain fell nearby.  We got a few drops on us but not like the city of Tulúa did, just a few km back. Flacko came to get us and we got back to the hotel just ahead of dinner.
The meat and Parmesan pasta was delicious.
After dinner I flaked out my gear to dry overnight after walking in light drizzle.

What a great day!

Cheers!
Martín


No comments:

Post a Comment